- DARZALEX® is not chemotherapy. DARZALEX® is a monoclonal antibody that works with your immune system. Monoclonal antibodies work by attaching themselves to multiple myeloma cells in your body and directly killing them, and/or signaling your immune system to destroy them
- DARZALEX® finds and attaches to a protein called CD38, which is present on the surface of cells, including high numbers on myeloma cells
The main goal of the study was to measure the length of time patients live without their multiple myeloma getting worse or their passing away from any cause
- Another goal was to measure response rate, which is the percentage of patients who responded to treatment. Talk to your doctor about how response is measured
The majority of patients responded to the following DARZALEX® combination treatments:
DARZALEX® was studied in combination with Revlimid® and dexamethasone (Rd) vs Rd alone in 569 patients who had received a minimum of 1 prior treatment
- 9 out of 10 patients responded to DARZALEX® + Rd vs 7 out of 10 with Rd alone
DARZALEX® was studied in combination with Velcade® and dexamethasone (Vd) vs Vd alone in 498 patients who had received a minimum of 1 prior treatment
- Almost 8 out of 10 patients responded to DARZALEX® + Vd vs almost 6 out of 10 with Vd alone
- DARZALEX® was studied in combination with Revlimid® and dexamethasone (Rd) vs Rd alone in 569 patients who had received a minimum of 1 prior treatment
- DARZALEX® combination treatments reduced patients’ risk of their disease getting worse or their passing away from any cause by more than 60%
Click here if you are a healthcare professional.
Revlimid® is a registered trademark of Celgene Corporation.
Velcade® is a registered trademark of Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
As a caregiver, you play a critical role in the treatment journey of your friend or family member with multiple myeloma. There are different types of caregivers, including spouses/partners, family members, neighbors, and friends.
Being a caregiver can be challenging. It is normal for you to feel nervous or overwhelmed about what is expected of you. Your role as a caregiver changes as your loved one’s needs change depending on where he or she is in the treatment journey. By supporting a friend or family member receiving DARZALEX®, you can have a positive impact and influence on his or her journey.
Your loved one may have questions about different aspects of treatment. Your support and knowledge can help him or her during this time.
The video below will give you information about what to expect before, during, and after DARZALEX® treatment
To view the full Patient Information, please click here.
By providing encouragement and support, you can help your loved one stick with his or her treatment plan and take other steps to get well, such as eating healthy meals or dealing with certain emotions. There’s no way to anticipate everything you might need to know as a caregiver, but by becoming familiar with the disease and treatment, you can offer support to help your loved one make informed decisions.
As a caregiver, it can be difficult to take the time to care for and focus on yourself. It can feel selfish, but self-care is an important part of being a caregiver, as maintaining your own health and energy allows you to more fully enjoy time with your loved one and provide the best care possible.
As a caregiver, remember to take the time to care for yourself and to focus on yourself some of the time as well.
Come back shortly to learn about some helpful tips for supporting your loved one, as well as tips to help you focus on yourself.
Support at Every Step
Janssen CarePath provides you with ongoing communication and support during your treatment journey.
Patient and Caregiver Stories
Learn from patients on DARZALEX® and their caregivers about their experiences.