- DARZALEX® is not chemotherapy. DARZALEX® is a monoclonal antibody that works with your immune system. Monoclonal antibodies work by attaching themselves to multiple myeloma cells in your body and directly killing them, and/or signaling your immune system to destroy them
- DARZALEX® finds and attaches to a protein called CD38, which is present on the surface of cells, including high numbers on myeloma cells
The main goal of the study was to measure the length of time patients live without their multiple myeloma getting worse or their passing away from any cause
- Another goal was to measure response rate, which is the percentage of patients who responded to treatment. Talk to your doctor about how response is measured
The majority of patients responded to the following DARZALEX® combination treatments:
DARZALEX® was studied in combination with Revlimid® and dexamethasone (Rd) vs Rd alone in 569 patients who had received a minimum of 1 prior treatment
- 9 out of 10 patients responded to DARZALEX® + Rd vs 7 out of 10 with Rd alone
DARZALEX® was studied in combination with Velcade® and dexamethasone (Vd) vs Vd alone in 498 patients who had received a minimum of 1 prior treatment
- Almost 8 out of 10 patients responded to DARZALEX® + Vd vs almost 6 out of 10 with Vd alone
- DARZALEX® was studied in combination with Revlimid® and dexamethasone (Rd) vs Rd alone in 569 patients who had received a minimum of 1 prior treatment
- DARZALEX® combination treatments reduced patients’ risk of their disease getting worse or their passing away from any cause by more than 60%
Click here if you are a healthcare professional.
Revlimid® is a registered trademark of Celgene Corporation.
Velcade® is a registered trademark of Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Thank you for your interest in contacting JANSSEN BIOTECH, INC. Please note that we can only provide information about products marketed within the United States, and must refer international inquiries to our affiliates.
Janssen will be happy to answer any general product-related questions. However, we cannot recommend treatment or offer medical advice on personal health matters. If you have a question that relates to treatment of a personal medical condition, please contact your physician or healthcare professional, as this individual is most familiar with your specific medical condition and complete medical history.
If you require immediate assistance or wish to report a side effect or product complaint, Janssen Medical Information can be reached by phone at 1-800-JANSSEN (1-800-526-7736) Monday-Friday, 9 AM - 8 PM ET.
Please call: 1-800-JANSSEN (1-800-526-7736)
Monday-Friday, 9 AM - 8 PM ET.
If you prefer to correspond with us via regular mail, or have inquiries regarding vendor opportunities or marketing/product suggestions, please use the following address:
Janssen Scientific Affairs Medical Information Center
PO Box 200
Titusville, NJ 08560