NEWS ABOUT DARZALEX®
How does DARZALEX® work?
- DARZALEX® is not chemotherapy. DARZALEX® is a monoclonal antibody that works with your immune system. Monoclonal antibodies work by attaching themselves to multiple myeloma cells in your body and directly killing them, and/or signaling your immune system to destroy them
- DARZALEX® finds and attaches to a protein called CD38, which is present on the surface of cells, including high numbers on myeloma cells
RESULTS SEEN IN CLINICAL TRIALS
The main goal of the study was to measure the length of time patients live without their multiple myeloma getting worse or their passing away from any cause
- Another goal was to measure response rate, which is the percentage of patients who responded to treatment. Talk to your doctor about how response is measured
The majority of patients responded to the following DARZALEX® combination treatments:
DARZALEX® was studied in combination with Revlimid® and dexamethasone (Rd) vs Rd alone in 569 patients who had received a minimum of 1 prior treatment
- 9 out of 10 patients responded to DARZALEX® + Rd vs 7 out of 10 with Rd alone
DARZALEX® was studied in combination with Velcade® and dexamethasone (Vd) vs Vd alone in 498 patients who had received a minimum of 1 prior treatment
- Almost 8 out of 10 patients responded to DARZALEX® + Vd vs almost 6 out of 10 with Vd alone
- DARZALEX® was studied in combination with Revlimid® and dexamethasone (Rd) vs Rd alone in 569 patients who had received a minimum of 1 prior treatment
- DARZALEX® combination treatments reduced patients’ risk of their disease getting worse or their passing away from any cause by more than 60%
Click here if you are a healthcare professional.
Revlimid® is a registered trademark of Celgene Corporation.
Velcade® is a registered trademark of Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- How is DARZALEX® Given and How Often?
- Preparing for Treatment
- During and After Treatment
- Patient and Caregiver Stories
- Share Your Story
COST SAVINGS AND SUPPORT